A BIT OF TILGHMAN HISTORY

Established in 1650, the village of Tilghman was settled within the earliest stages of our nations history.  In the years following its settlement, a succession of owners made good use of the rich soil for raising livestock, feed, fruit and timber.  Originally called "Great Choptank Island", it was known also as Foster's Island, then Ward's Island, until finally the Tilghman family name stuck.  In the early 19th century, parcels of the land were sold to oystermen who wanted to be near the prime harvesting grounds surrounding Tilghman's Island.  By the turn of the century, steamboat service had been established, as had a thriving seafood industry.  The island eventually became a popular haven for vacationers, who were drawn by the superb fishing and genteel accommodations.

Tilghman is one of the largest villages in Talbot County.  Knapps Narrows divides the village into two parts:  Northern Tilghman and Tilghman Island, which are connected by a drawbridge.  Maps dating back as far as the late 1600's reflect the existence of a bridge connecting the island to the mainland.  Since the late nineteenth century Tilghman's population and economy have been sustained by the fertile farmlands and oyster beds that surround it, as well as the advent of tourism.  Almost one-quarter of its homes were built in 1890 or earlier, and many reflect the unique "V" shape with three gables on the front that has become a Tilghman classic.  The village is primarily residential.  Most of the commercial activity is located along the Narrows, which remains busy with commercial and recreational boat traffic year round.

ASSETS OF TILGHMAN ISLAND REALTY

When you list with Tilghman Island Realty, Inc., you literally hire the entire firm.  We are a small firm and very committed.  There is total interaction between the agents and staff as to all of the business being conducted by the firm.  Agents work together to find Buyers for our Listers and can therefore fully assist our customers and clients if their primary point person is not available.

Tilghman Island Realty is open seven days a week.  We can be reached 24 hours a day, not only through the phone service, but also through voice mail, cell phone, beeper, E-mail and the Internet.  Our web sites are www.tilghmanislandrealty.com and www.stmichaelsrealestate.com.  We also provide Notary Service.  We are personally responsible for all costs associated with the business.  As a result, we have a significant investment in helping you sell your property.

Tilghman Island Realty's highly visible and REFLECTIVE "For Sale" signs advertise our listings 24 hours a day.  Each sign bears a different "Bouy #", so Buyers can readily identify a property.  The company also maintains a jet boat, displaying the same distinctive logo.  Slipped on davits on heavily traveled Knapps Narrows, it provides both advertising to the myriad of boat traffic traversing the Narrows as well as affording our waterfront Buyers the opportunity to view properties from the water.

RONDY ALSTROM - BROKER/OWNER

Rondy has been licensed since 1986.  She is a graduate of Michigan State University where she received a B.A degree in Sociology with minors in Business and Marketing.  Rondy was employed as an international flight attendant with Trans World Airlines for twenty-one years.  She began her real estate career at Kagan & Assoiates in St. Michaels, later moving to Re/Max Brokers in Easton.  Rondy holds the GRI designation (Graduate of the Realtors Institute) and has completed the CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) requirements.  She is accredited as a Buyer's Agent.  Rondy has been instrumental in several local subdivisions and has an extensive knowledge of Talbot County Zoning regulations.  She opened Tilghman Island Realty in 1995.

Within the first month of its inception, Tilghman Island Realty garnered the waterfront listings of author James Michner in St. Michaels.  "We were off and running and on the map!".

REBECCA "BECKY' BIGGS - ASSOCIATE BROKER

Becky has been a licensed sales agent at Tilghman Island Realty since early 1998, and holds the GRI designation (Graduate of the Realtors Institute), from the National Board of Realtors.  She attended Cecil Community College, Towson State University and the University of Maryland pursuing a course of study in the field of accounting.  She has been a resident of the St. Michaels/Tilghman area since 1985, when she moved here to set up, open and manage Clark's Supermarket for Liz and Charlie Clark.  Becky's commitment to duty and her loyalty is unsurpassed and the envy of us all.

PAMELA L. PHILLIPS - OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR AND LICENSED AGENT

Pam is a native Tilghman Islander.  She was the valedictorian of her class and continues a high standard of excellence.  Pam began her working career at the accounting firm of Faw Casson in Easton.  She later joined the administrative staff at Kagan & Associates in St. Michaels and obtained her real estate license in 1989.  Pam oversees the firm's office management, customer service and administrative functions.  Pam also has earned her GRI designation (Graduate of the Realtors Institute) and is pursuing her Associate Broker designation.  She is married, with two children, both of whom are high achievers in the public school system.  Pam also volunteers her time for the community sports leagues and educational advancement services. Pam is a most sought after real estate office administrator and we are proud to have her as part of our team.


Tilghman Island Realty, Inc., has listed and sold millions of dollars of real estate.  We have a fully equipped office and a dedicated and competent staff.  We are Team Players and feel that our office is on the cutting edge!

WE WANT TO WORK FOR YOU!!! 

Powered by eAgent360 Real Estate Marketing Platform
eagent360 agent website